In issue 02 we go deeper into the field of innovative minimally invasive treatment methods: We present you exciting original articles which give insight into very specific aspects of the varicose vein treatment. The experiences shared here come directly from the inner center of well-known medical offices and clinics of highly educated physicians who have been working in the field of phlebology and vascular surgery for decades.
Please find here:
- a field report about the self-developed high-level technique for EndoVenous Laser Ablation UGLA ‒ Ultrasound Guided Laser Ablation by Dr Petar Dragić, Clinic “Dr Dragić”, Serbia
- a study concerning the incidence of nerve injury after endovenous laser ablation and a self-developed treatment protocol as follow-up by Junichi Utoh, Mei Utoh, Yoshiharu Tsukamoto, Kumamoto Vascular Clinic, Kumamoto, Japan
- the status of branchvaricosis after great saphenous vein ablation. English Translation of a German original article published for the Bonn Vein Days 2021 by Karsten Hartmann, Vein Center Freiburg, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
- a guest contribution about chances and challenges for fair organizers in times of Covid as interview with Daniel M. Metzler, from the full service agency for health care events and congresses wikonect GmbH, Wiesbaden, Germany, about their fair of the future with an additional dimension
- our “Center of Excellence” 2022 Clinic “Dr Dragić”, Serbia for the purpose to establish the innovative particularly gentle minimally invasive treatment methods in medicine and making them accessible to wide circles
In issue 01 we put the focus on a highly recognized traditional workshop event which informs about a treatment technique invented by one of the most internationally respected vascular surgeon. Further device and treatment method comparisons are presented by two studies from Czech Republic and Germany. Our first guest contribution was directing attention to a very promising solution approach to integrate innovative minimally invasive outpatient treatment methods into the German health care billing system.
With the 1st issue, we provided
- a summary of the 35th International Várady Workshop for Phlebology, Lymphology and Angiology / 1st Veins International Congress Vienna which took virtually place on November 21st 2020 by Prof. h.c. Dr. Alexander Flor from the Private Clinic Döbling, Vienna, Austria, and Dr. Andreas F. Balogh from the Hospital Floridsdorf, Vienna, Austria.
- a non-randomized prospective study with 94 patients conducted by Robert Vlachovský, M.D., Ph.D., VASCUMED the Vein Clinic, Brno, Prague, examining the clinical efficacy and safety of two radial types of fibres (single ring and 2ring) in endovenous laser ablation of saphenous varicose veins of the lower limb.
- a comparison by Dr. Juergen Boehme from the Veincenter Lueneburg in Germany of 5-year-results of endovenous laser ablation of varicose veins with the 2-ring 1470nm radialtip to the radiofrequency ClosureFAST-catheter.
- a guest contribution by Matthias Heilmann from the German medical accounting management company MICADO HEALTH CARE GmbH, Hamburg, Germany, who gives us insight into how management companies are able to support integrating care structures for outpatient surgery in the German healthcare system.